Turkey Bolognaise Pasta Bake
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped (I use frozen diced onion)
- 250 g turkey mince thigh is best
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ tbsp chipotle paste or you can use chilli if you don't have any
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 200 g pasta shells conchiglie
- 100 g mascarpone/ crème fraiche
- 100 g cheddar grated
- In a large pan heat some olive oil.
- Dice the onions into small squares and cook in oil for approx 5 mins until softened.
- Add the mince and brown all over.
- Once browned, add the tomatoes,garlic, chicken stock and chipotle paste/ chilli, and bring to the boil.
- Turn down to a low heat and simmer. Leave this to sit and cook for 30 mins, uncovered.
- Whilst this is simmering cook your pasta (according to pack instructions)
- Turn down to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 35-40 mins, adding a splash of water if it looks too dry.
- Drain the pasta shells leaving a little pasta water . Add your pasta back to your pan along with the pasta water and stir through the marscapone on a low heat.
- Put your turkey mixture into the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Pour your pasta into the baking dish on top of the mince.
- Sprinkle the cheddar on top of the pasta
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until browned and crisp
When making this for my children I use the mini conchiglie pasta which they love. I also don't use too much of the chipotle so that it is not too hot for them. Ideas to serve this with Serve with salad or veggies