Tandoori Chicken Cups
Yield 2 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 tbsp Tandoori spice powder (*or make your own- see notes)
- 4 tbsp low fat natural yoghurt
- 4 mini wraps or 2 large wraps
- Mix together your tandoori spice and yoghurt in a small bowl.
- Cut your chicken into bitesize chunks and stir them in your tandoori spice mix
- Place the chicken on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 25-30 mins until cooked
- Cut tortillas into half to make 2 semi-circle pieces (if using large wraps) or leave whole if using mini wraps.
- Press tortilla inside a muffin tin (fold them into it so that it looks like an ice-cream cone). Press them well at the bottom of the tin (you can use a little spray of rapeseed oil to hold them in place if need be.
- Toast in the oven for 5-10 minutes until crisp and browned.
- Fill with the cooked chicken and serve with below suggestions.
Ideas to serve this with
Cous Cous or Rice and Roasted Vegetables or salad.
Calorie Girl's 'Mint Dip' is a perfect sauce drizzled over this. Just mix your leftover natural yoghurt with a little mint sauce or fresh chopped mint.
To make your own Tandoori Spice
(Makes 2tbsp) by combining 1 tbsp of each: ground cumin, ground ginger, ground coriander, turmeric and cayenne pepper. ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp paprika.