Turn your fussy eaters into an oily fish fan with these fantastic salmon fishcakes
- 4 large potatoes
- 3 fillets of boneless, skinless salmon
- 2 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp english mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 heaped tbsp dried parsley
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 eggs
- Dried breadcrumbs (preferably wholemeal)
- Rapeseed oil
- Chilli Flakes (optional)
- Black Pepper
- Put your pieces of salmon under the grill for approx 5 minutes until they appear cooked.
- Peel and chop up your potatoes and place in a pan of boiling water, cook for approx 15-20 minutes until soft. Drain and then mash.
- Season your salmon with a sprinkle of black pepper and grill for 5-6 mins until just cooked. Cool for a few mins, then break into large flakes in a bowl.
- Into your mash potato add the tomato ketchup, mustard, parsley, lemon juice and chilli (if using).
- Now gently mix in the salmon flakes, taking care not to break it up too much as it will make a big mushy mess.
- Prepare 3 bowls, one containing the flour, one with the egg and one with the breadcrumbs.
- Dip the cakes into the flour, dust off any excess, then dip in the egg, and finally coat in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a large pan. Fry the cakes over a medium-low heat for 3-4 mins each side until deep golden and heated through.
Ideas to serve with
New potatoes and Salad
Homemade wedges and salad
Sweet chill sauce and salad
Recipe by cookhealthy.co.uk at http://www.cookhealthy.co.uk/salmon-fishcakes-2/