Name: Rita M. Singer, RD, LDN, CLT
Job Title: Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist and Certified LEAP therapist
Business name: RED Dietitians, LLC
Rita believes that nutrition is not just a job, but a way of life and a way in which she gets to share her passion of cooking and nutrition with others everyday. Rita is a runner, a yogi and a certified yoga teacher. Rita considers wellness to be multidimensional and that nutrition is a piece of the puzzle that can influence all other aspects of health. What we eat not only affects us physically, but mentally and emotionally. Piecing together wellness means looking outside the box and understanding how mental health, physical health, stress management, sleep and even spirituality effects us as a whole.
Here is Rita’s favourite ‘go-to’ family recipe …
Apricot Curried Chicken
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1 ½ tablespoon curry powder optional
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Place chicken breasts on cutting board between two pieces of cling film.
- Using a rolling pin, pound and flatten out the chicken to ¼ inch thickness.
- Combine Apricot jam, curry powder (if using), orange juice and mustard in mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon avocado oil in medium sauté pan. Place chicken breasts in pan and brown each side for 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on clean plate. Set aside.
- In the same pan add apricot curry mixture. Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken back to pan and continue to cook until liquid has reduced by half.
Look Rita up here:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ RED Dietitians