- 1 handful rice cereal or other similar cereal flakes
- 1-2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast fillets or goujons
- Additional seasoning of your choice e.g. chicken, peri-peri or paprika
- Rapeseed oil for greasing baking tray
- Preheat oven to 200oC (400oF), gas mark 6 and lightly grease a baking tray with oil or use baking parchment so that the chicken does not stick to the tray.
- Pour the cereal into a bowl and crumble with your fingers until lightly crushed (they should resemble breadcrumbs).
- Put the mayonnaise in a separate shallow bowl (you will not taste the mayonnaise once it is cooked).
- Cut your chicken into either strips (goujons) or bitesize nugget pieces.
- Dip each piece of chicken first in the mayonnaise, shaking off any excess, before dipping in the crushed seasoned cereal.
- Place the dipped chicken on the prepared baking tray and sprinkle with your choice of seasoning.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 -35 minutes (dependant on how large your chicken pieces are) until golden, turning halfway through cooking
These are much like chicken nuggets and can be served in various ways Ideas to serve this with A wholemeal wrap packed with salad or As a 'Fakeaway style' Chicken Rice box served with salad, mexican rice and salsa. Served with homemade wedges (try CG recipe) and peas