- 250 g Extra Lean Minced Beef or Quorn
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- ½ onion I cheat and use frozen pre-diced onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp Worcester sauce
- 1 teaspoon herbs e.g. mixed herbs, oregano
- Black pepper
- 1 beef stock cube
- Crème fraiche reduced fat
- 3-5 tbsp Grated Cheddar cheese
- Pasta lasagne sheets preferably wholewheat
- Add as many veggies as you can e.g.:
- 1 Carrot
- 4 Mushrooms
- ½ courgette
- 1 pepper
- Set your oven to 180oc/ gas 4/ fan 160oc
- Chop up all of your chosen vegetables into small chunks (cut them up into tiny pieces or grate them in to disguise when you have any fussy eaters in the family).
- Chop up the onion and garlic and add to a large frying pan.
- Add the mince to the frying pan and once cooked drain off any excess fat with the colander and return to the frying pan.
- Now add your vegetables and cook for a further 3-5 mins until soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, mixed herbs, black pepper, tomato puree, beef stock and Worcester sauce
- Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes.
- In an oven dish layer this meat sauce between sheets of pasta and crème fraiche.
- Finish with a topping of crème fraiche and a sprinkle of grated cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbling and golden.
By swapping the usual calorific, fat laden cheese sauce with creme fraiche you are reducing both the calories and fat content of this dish. Ideas to serve with Salad and Peas