Cheesy Veggie Pasta Bake
Yield 2-4 servings
This is one of Haley's favourite 'go-to' dishes as it’s quick and tasty. You can swap out peppers for mushrooms or even do a combination of both. Use whole wheat pasta to boost your fibre intake and keep you fuller for longer.
- 140g whole wheat pasta
- 3 mixed bell peppers
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 100g passata with herbs
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- 80g grated cheddar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Boil pasta according to packet instructions, drain and transfer to a baking dish.
- While the pasta is cooking slice or dice peppers, mince garlic and transfer to a hot pan with olive oil, add tinned tomatoes, passata and tomato puree and cook on a low heat.
- In a baking dish combine pasta and transfer the contents of the frying pan to the baking dish, then add chunks of mozzarella and mix well. To finish sprinkle with grated cheese and bake in the oven at 200oC (180oC fan) for 15 – 20 minutes.
Ideas to serve with
Serve with a simple side salad of salad leaves of your choice, cherry tomatoes and cucumber with a dressing of your choice.
Serving Size 2-3 portions
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Look up Haley here:
Facebook: Haley Bell – Nutritionist
Twitter: : @hb_nutritionist