Name: Emilie S.Burgess, MS, RDN, LDN
Job Title: Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Business: Emilie Burgess Nutrition & Wellness Coaching
Emilie is currently working as a clinical dietitian in Boston Massachusetts after completing her degree whilst competing in D1 Tennis. She then went on to obtain her Master’s degree. Emilie loves helping people reach their wellness goals by finding an individualised approach to nutrition and fitness that works for them. She also loves experimenting in the kitchen with different recipes and going out to try new foods. When in doubt you will probably find her in the kitchen 🙂
Here is Emilie’s favourite ‘go-to’ family recipe …
Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Grilled Chicken
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Jar of Pesto
- Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the spaghetti squash in half the long way, and scrape out all of the seeds on both halves. Place the two halves face down on a baking sheet. Bake until both sides are cooked all the way through- this should take between 45-55 minutes. (HINT: the squash is done when you can easily stick a fork through it).
- While the spaghetti squash is cooking in the oven, get the chicken going. Coat the chicken breast in some olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cook on the grill or stove top until cooked all the way through.
- Slice the chicken breast into small cubes, and place the pieces aside on a plate.
- Once the spaghetti squash has been cooked all the way through, take it out of the oven and let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the squash has cooled, take a fork and scrape the inside of the squash into a bowl (it will look like spaghetti strands coming out of the squash)
- Take a few tbsp of Pesto and stir it into the bowl with the spaghetti squash. Stir until all of the strands are covered lightly.
- Serve the pesto covered spaghetti squash in bowls, and top each dish with some grilled chicken and parmesan cheese.
- ENJOY! This should serve between 3-4 people!
Look Emilie up here: