Lentil & Vegetable Soup
Yield 2-3 portions
When it’s cold or rainy outside, there’s nothing better than tucking into a deliciously hot meal. Our vegetable and lentil winter warmer soup is easy to make, super nutritious and a great lunch/ dinner option.
- 85g of dried red lentils
- 2 carrots chopped into small chunks
- 3 celery sticks chopped into chunks
- 2 small leeks, sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp fresh tyme leaves
- 2-3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetables bouillon powder
- 1 heaped tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp paprika
- Add the lentils and chopped vegetables into a large pan along with the tomato purée, thyme, garlic, bouillon powder and coriander.
- Pour over 1½ litres boiling water from the kettle, then stir well
- Cover and leave to simmer for 30 mins until the vegetables and lentils are soft (be careful not to overcook the vegetables!).
- The soup can be eaten as it is, or using a food processor or blender, you can partially blend it or fully blend it until smooth.
- Serve with bread or other starchy food.
Serving Size 2-3 portions
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Look up the Early start Group up here:
Twitter: : @EarlyStartRNutr