Crispy Fish Bites
- 2 skinless boneless chunky salmon fish fillets
- 3 tbsp light mayonnaise
- Handful of crushed cornflakes
- Rapeseed oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/180oC fan/ gas mark 6.
- Cut up your fish into thumbsize pieces (nugget size)
- Lay out two bowls and a lined baking tray sprayed with a little rapeseed oil
- Put the cornflakes into one bowl and crush them up with your hands until they represent breadcrumbs.
- Add the mayonnaise to the second bowl
- Spray your baking tray with a little rapeseed oil (this is so that the fish bites don't stick to the tray).
- Set up a little production line of the maynonnaise, cornflakes and then the baking tray
- Methodically dip each nugget of fish in the mayonnaise, then roll it in the cornflakes so it’s completely coated and place it on the baking tray. (At this point the fish fingers can now be frozen. Simply lay on a tray and freeze overnight. Once completely frozen pick up and bag them up).
- Cook the fish bites for about 20-25 mins until golden and cooked through, turn over half way through cooking time.
These little fish nuggets are a brilliant way to get the kiddies to eat fish Ideas to serve with Potato/ sweet potato wedges and peas. Lovely dipped in a little sweet chilli sauce