Cook Healthy aims to educate communities about healthy eating, nutrition and basic cookery. Our hands on practical cookery sessions adopt simple, healthy no-nonsense recipes suitable for families on a budget.
By providing a fun, colourful approach we aim to convey information in a realistic, visual, non-clinical way aiming to promote the development of healthy living for families, communities and businesses.
Our nutrition and cookery courses are run by Dietitians and Nutritionists experienced in all areas of nutrition, teaching and cookery. Cook Healthy can offer practical cookery sessions in various topics catering for all ages and abilities. Our teaching promotes affordable, realistic and simple healthy eating that is possible for all levels of learners.
Cook Healthy can deliver or design sessions to cater for your needs and work with you to deliver existing or create bespoke content. We literally are a mobile kitchen and so our session can be carried out indoor or outdoor with minimal facilities. We can purchase and bring along all ingredients and equipment.
Our client groups have included various groups and organisations such as:
- Universities and Colleges – e.g. Cardiff Metropolitan University and Newport High School.
- Welsh Assembly Government
- Schools-from pre-school to comprehensive school sessions including staff training.
- Communities First Clusters
- Housing Associations e.g. Newport City Homes and Melin Homes.
- Health Awareness Days
- Food Festivals
- Local Councils and Health Boards
- Residential Homes
- Youth Service
- Charities for people with learning disabilities
- Pubs, Cafe’s and Restaurants.